It seems like I make a variation of these oven roasted vegetables every Thanksgiving, Easter or Christmas. It’s easy and delicious. We like our vegetables to have a little bite to them, and you can add or remove any you want in this dish.
I also add brussels sprouts to the mix (cut in half), but since they tend to cook faster, I add them for the last 30 minutes of cooking to ensure they are not overcooked.
Stir occasionally as the veggies roast and if you need to add a little more olive oil or salt do so. Season as you go! I sprinkled the vegetables with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
- 1 Sweet Potato peeled & cut into cubes
- 1 Fennel Bulb washed, trimmed and cut into cubes
- 6 Small potatoes washed & quartered
- 3 Parsnips peeled & sliced into cubes
- 1 small butternut squash peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 bulb garlic peeled and separated into cloves
- 1 large turnip peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 cup fresh or dried herbs thyme, oregano, rosemary
- Fresh parsley chopped - optional
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl mix first 8 ingredients with oil, vinegar, salt and herbs.
- Toss into a large jelly roll pan or dish, spread out and season with salt, pepper and another drizzle of olive oil.
- Roast, uncovered for 30-60 minutes, pending size of cubes and tossing occasionally until veggies are lightly browned and tender.