Pepperoni Pizza Wraps are one of those fun recipes I’ve been making for years, and one that my son asks for all the time!
Before my kids started school I used to look after other kids along with my own and would always have fun creating new lunches for them. I had several guinea pigs to test out recipes on and the food was always fresh and never frozen, so I took full advantage of fun kid lunches.
My son is obsessed with everything pizza so I do try to make different “pizza” type meals. Pepperoni Pizza Muffins have been a hit in school lunches and bake sales, our Pizza Soup is one my mom got me hooked on back in the 90s and we take these Pizza Burgers camping with us making them in advance, freezing and they are thawed when it’s time to grill. I wrote about some of these pizza recipes on Food Network Canada, so check them out here: 3 Tasty Ways to Jazz Up Pizza Night.
In our family we all like our pizzas slightly different. The boys like all meat pizzas, the girl jazzes hers up with olives, pineapple, sometimes fresh basil and me, well after putting on YYC Pizza Week for 4 years and trying oodles of combinations, it depends on my mood but my go to is always a flavourful vegetarian.
These pizza wraps can be modified to suit your own tastes with added in mushrooms, peppers, onions, or even olives (we don’t judge here)! They do not have to be cooked or warmed up and we keep them simple with pepperoni and cheese, serving the veggies on the side.
- 2 medium whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1/2 tsp pizza seasoning or oregano or basil
- 8 slices pepperoni sausage
- 4 mozzarella cheese strings or 4 thick slices mozzarella cheese cut into long strings
- Brush pizza sauce on tortillas. Add more sauce if you like a little more.
- Sprinkle pizza seasonings over top of sauce.
- Lay out 4 pieces of pepperoni on each tortilla.
- Place cheese on top of pepperoni.
- Wrap tortilla up like a burrito, folding the sides in first, then rolling it up from the bottom.
- For lunches or picnics I cover our wraps in plastic, add a cold pack and away they go.
Wraps are one way to change up lunches. We do a variety of them including Greek Salad Wraps, BBQ Beef Wraps and Cesaer Salad Wraps to keep lunches fun and interesting! What are your favourite ways to change up lunches?!1