Popcorn Balls on Sticks are an old-fashioned treat and a fun way to celebrate the season. Or change up the edible candies and make them for any season!
Popcorn Balls on Sticks
I conjure up great memories of eating popcorn balls as a teen. Would make them with friends and devour them without sharing too many! It was typically during Halloween and Christmas we’d make the most obnoxious, candy filled creations.
These easy to make marshmallow Popcorn Balls on Sticks are formed into balls with sticks added making them easier to hold with less clean up after.
We do family movie nights every weekend and I like to make these for a fun change up to a bowl of popcorn. Any colour or kind of sprinkles will do with only a few ingredients involved. Or turn them into Easter egg balls or Christmas balls during the holiday season.
Popcorn balls are like a rice krispie bar offering crunch, sweet and a whole lot of sticky!
Simple, quality ingredients are best!
- Air popped popcorn: Air popped popcorn made without butter is our go to.
- Butter: You can use salted or unsalted. Both work.
- Vanilla: Vanilla is a flavour enhancer. I’ve made with and without vanilla.
- Marshmallows: You can use regular size or miniature, or even a mixture of both.
- Grease your hands before forming balls to help prevent sticking.
- Work quickly to form your balls and roll in sprinkles.
- Buy lollipop sticks at a craft store or online.
- Add 1/2 cup brown sugar to the melted butter makes the mixture more caramel tasting.
More Halloween Recipes to try:
- Witches’s Hats
- Pomegranate and Orange Quinoa Salad (Blood Clot Salad with Crunchy Finger Nails)
- Spooky Halloween Cookies
- Googly Eye Halloween Treats
- Witches Hat Cheese Ball
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 5 cups marshmallows (a combination of small and big also works)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup Halloween candy eyes and sprinkles
- 20 lollipop sticks
- Add popped corn to a large bowl. Remove any un-popped kernels.
- Scoop butter into a glass bowl and microwave for 40-50 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Add your marshmallows and cook for another 40-60 seconds or until marshmallows are melted. Stir to combine. Pour mixture over popcorn. Mix well.
- With buttered hands start forming your balls (approximately golf ball size).
- Pour sprinkles onto a plate. Roll popcorn balls in the sprinkles and place on cookie sheet. Stick on candy eyes.
- Insert sticks and serve. If not serving right away, wrap in plastic or keep in a sealed container.