Enjoy a hot bowl of Turkey Bacon Chili made with ground turkey, bacon, chipotle in adobo, spices and beans!
This is one chili where you will not miss the beef. Ground turkey mixed in with simple seasonings becomes a flavourful bowl of comfort food.
There’s something about crunch and texture for me combined with a spicy chili that I just adore. I’ve topped our Turkey Bacon Chili with sweet potato chips, hard boiled eggs, home made kale chips and fresh jalapeno peppers to name a few.
The options are endless!
Slow Cooker worthy?
Absolutely! Pre-cook the bacon, shallots and turkey, toss it in a slowcooker with the remaining ingredients and let it go low and slow for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. If you check the links below you will see I also have a slow cooker chili recipe worth trying!
Chili Serving ideas
There are tons of fun ways to eat chili and I certainly have tried several of them when the kids were little.
I’ve topped cheesy macaroni or noodles with chili creating a chili mac. Served it on nachos, on a hot dog, english muffins, a thick piece of toasted bread, rounded out fresh buns for a chili bun bowl, even topped baked and hasselback potatoes.
We’ve made several variations of chili and learned a lot along the way. Here’s a few tips and tricks to get you started.
- Sub in other kinds of canned beans for kidney beans.
- Frozen corn, canned spicy chile’s, fresh avocado, grated cheese, sour cream – all delicious toppings or add-ins.
- If you have time make it the day before and gently reheat the next day for enhanced flavour.
- Season and taste as you go.
- A good chili needs 1-2 hours to cook so the flavours can burst.
That time I made sweet potato chips and hard boiled eggs. And put them both on my turkey bacon chili!
Here’s few other chili recipes we love to tickle your fancy!
- Roasted Poblano Turkey Chili
- Vegetarian Black Bean Chili
- Chili Verde with Pork
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans and/or please leave a comment below!
- 1/2 package bacon chopped
- 1 large shallot or two smallish ones, diced
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 2-3 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle in adobo
- salt & pepper
- 1 - 796 ml can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 can tomato sauce
- 1 - 340 ml can red kidney beans rinsed
- In a large pot add bacon and render over medium heat until cooked.
- Add shallot and saute for 2 minutes. Add in your turkey and cook with bacon & shallot until no more pink remains breaking it up as you go.
- Stir in cumin, chili powder, a good pinch of salt & pepper, chipotle in adobo, diced tomatoes, chicken stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Let flavours marry for about 30 minutes or so. Pour in your beans stirring to mix in.
- Simmer another 10 minutes and then serve with your favourite fixins or put an egg on it.