Today’s casserole of Wild Rice, Orzo & Mushrooms is brought to you by the letters R, O & M! Seriously though, this earthy, flavourful, simple and hearty dish is truly a match made in heaven.
For those that have never tried it…wild rice tastes slightly nutty. It is very good (very good for you) and even better when cooked in broth. We made this recipe and much to my delight, everyone loved it. Rice & pasta together – what a concept!
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3-6 cups broth
- 6 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Wild Rice: simmer 1 cup wild rice in 3 cups liquid for 50-60 minutes
- Orzo: simmer 1 cup orzo to 2.1/2-3 cups liquid for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed
- Saute mushrooms in oil/butter and cook until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Mix together cooked rice, orzo and add in mushrooms and parsley. Taste and then season accordingly.