Try our simple to make Cheese Stuffed Burger the next time burgers are on the menu. Mighty, delicious and soon to be a family favourite.
Our foray into the world of stuffed burgers started with a local burger restaurant here in Calgary. They make a variety of burgers with a stuffing, and you can even customize your burgers.
Inspiration for our burger came from this restaurant. We kept the bun light, a brioche bun since the burgers are so darn big!
What can you stuff into a cheese stuffed burger
Really anything goes, but it has to be smallish to fit. To discover how unique you can get check out N9NA’s website and menu. Look at their signature burgers. It’s ok to drool a little bit. Then, if you are in Calgary, get over to her restaurant stat.
There’s very little seasoning here and you know what, it’s not needed.
Go ahead and add whatever condiments you enjoy, or try our Apple Slaw. The crunch from the slaw with a simple flavours makes for a memorable burger experience.
What do you serve with cheese stuffed burgers
Whatever floats your boat! French fries, chips, salads. We do it all. Even pickles. And bacon. Sometimes.
Our cheese stuffed burger is something everyone should try. Essentially it’s two patties molded together so best to bring your appetite to the table.
- It’s important your patties be flat
- You want to seal all the edges well to ensure they stay sealed while cooking
- Change up the old cheddar cheese to a spicy cheese or any melting cheese you love
- Go for a thinner bun since the burgers are massive
Looking for more burger recipes to love? Try these.
- 1.5 - 2 lbs ground beef 70 lean/30 fat
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup cubed 1 inch old cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Take some burger, flatten it and form it into a patty. Form a second patty. Each burger consists of two patty's.
- Season the burger patty with salt and pepper. In the center of 2 patties, place 3-4 cheese cubes.
- Take a second thin patty and place on top of the two patties with cheese. Gently push/pinch together all the edges surrounding the patty to seal the burger.
- Before you start grilling season again with salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat on the BBQ, grill burger for about 15 minutes, flipping once or twice as you go. Once cooked remove from heat, cover with foil and let sit to rest for a few minutes.
- Get your bun ready, add on a little mayo and add your apple slaw. Or your favourite toppings. No judging.
- Add burgers to your buns and enjoy.