Simple to make with a cheesy surprise inside, you’ll want to add this Cheese Stuffed Burger to the menu during your next burger night. Mighty, delicious and soon to be a family favourite.
Cheese Stuffed Burger
Our foray into the world of stuffed burgers started with a local burger restaurant here in Calgary. They make a variety of burgers with a stuffing, and you can even customize from their menu, what gets stuffed in your burgers.
Cheese is a crowd please so we’ve tried a few different cheese variations, all delicious!
Finding the right bun
Are you a simpleton and okay with grabbing whatever hamburger buns you can find in the grocery store? Or are you like me and like to find unique buns to try with different burger combinations?
I love sourcing new buns and in this recipe we’ve used a brioche bun. Brioche is of French origin with a high egg and butter content in the pastry offering a rich and tender bite.
What can you stuff into a cheese stuffed burger
Really anything goes, but it has to be smallish to fit. Brisket, pulled pork, cheese (like blue cheese), apple, spicy peppers, really the combinations are endless.
What do you serve with cheese stuffed burgers
Whatever floats your boat! French fries, chips, salads, caramelized onions. We do it all. Even pickles. And bacon. Sometimes.
Our cheese stuffed burger is something everyone should try. Essentially it’s two patties molded together so best to bring your appetite to the table.
- It’s important your patties be flat
- You want to seal all the edges well to ensure they stay sealed while cooking
- Change up the old cheddar cheese to a spicy cheese or any melting cheese you love
- Go for a thinner bun since the burgers are massive
Must Try Burger Recipes!
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 2 lbs ground beef 70 lean/30 fat
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup cubed 1 inch old cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- mayonnaise, sliced tomato, lettuce, onions, pickles
- Form burger into eight even balls. Form each ball into a burger patty. Each burger requires two patty's.
- Season the burger patty with salt and pepper. In the center of four of your patties, place 3-4 cheese cubes.
- Take a second patty and place on top. Gently push/pinch together all the edges surrounding the patty to seal the burger. You should have four burgers.
- Season again with salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat on the BBQ, grill burger for about 15 minutes, flipping once or twice as you go. Once cooked remove from heat, cover with foil and let sit to rest for a few minutes.
- Prepare buns and serve.