In honour of Hamburger Day…here is our favourite chicken pesto burger recipe as first posted on January 6, 2007. This recipe has been modified since then.
If you love pesto you will love this burger. It’s not overpowering but adds such a flavour boost. My kids add additional pesto to their buns. And ketchup!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1-2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 heaping tbsp pesto home made or bought
- Hamburger Buns
- In large bowl, mix together chicken, bread crumbs, onions, parsley, parmesan cheese, mustard, egg, salt, pepper and pesto. Form into patties. (we are able to make 6 patties)
- In non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat or heat BBQ grill to medium-high heat. Grill your burgers for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown and no longer pink inside.
- We serve these with mozzarella or gouda cheese melted on top, sautéed mushrooms and additional pesto on the bun. Add whatever additional fixins you enjoy (onions, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, etc.).