Pork satay with a peanut sauce work together so well, that’s why we’ve created these Pork Burgers with Peanut Sauce! Serve in a bun or in a lettuce cup with a light drizzle of sauce and try not to lick your fingers and even the plate!
Pork Burgers with Peanut Sauce
We do love our burgers here and that’s why we are always trying new combinations. Some work, some don’t but that’s life as recipe tester and developer.
For this burger we combine Asian inspired flavours providing an awesome yet subtle flavour burst that pairs nicely with the sauce. My husband likes them with the sauce, but he also loves the flavour of the burger as is!
Did you know I grew up eating pork breakfast sausages with peanut butter?! For breakfast of course! I thought everyone did this until I moved away from home and got strange looks.
These days my family have adapted my crazy ways and also eat their sausages with peanut butter. See where the inspiration for these burgers comes from?
What to serve with this burger?
We keep flavour simple since the patties have so much flavour as does the peanut sauce. Here’s a few ways we’ve enjoyed them.
- Quick pickle of radishes and carrots for this burger.
- Lettuce, anything goes.
- Spicy coleslaw on top just works!
- Additional cilantro if you like it. If not use parsley.
- Sliced bell pepper rings.
- Spicy peppers.
- Chili oil drizzled on.
- Mayo mixed with hot sauce like sriracha or more sambal.
To Cilantro or not Cilantro, that is the question
Most of us know some people detect soap when they eat cilantro and avoid it at all costs. If this is you replace cilantro with Thai basil or flat leaf parsley.
Popular burger recipes you will want to try!
- Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Quinoa Burgers
- Chicken Pesto Burgers
- Alberta Burger
- Chicken Burgers with Mango Mayo
- Beef Kofta
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water, to thin
- To make burgers combine pork through garlic. Divide burger mixture into four and shape into four burger patties. Grill patties over medium heat until completely cooked or temperature reaches 160-165 F.
- Stir together all ingredients except water. Add water a little at a time until the mixture loosens up to a pourable (but not too thin) consistency.