Fire up the barbecue and get grilling our Canadian Rocky Mountain Burger for dinner tonight!
This month we are joining several other bloggers across North America creating mouthwatering, juicy burgers for what’s become known as Burger Month.
Every day in May there are new burgers being created, posted and showcased on the Girl Carnivore (Burger Month) website offering several epic burger reveals and recipes to keep you grilling all summer long.
Even better is the awesome burger grill giveaway hosted by Kita at GirlCarnivore!
Simply scroll down to learn more.
A Burger United
Canadian’s love their beef and their local craft beer so we’ve taken Alberta Beef, mixed in some stout from a local brewery, stirred in a little Canadian mustard and formed our burger patties.
The buns are lightly grilled and slathered with a mixture of mustard and mayonnaise. Toppings include Canadian back bacon, fresh tomatoes and living lettuce from local suppliers, pickles, a delicious cheese and a Grillfackelin bacon skewer because bacon!
Whether you are preparing burgers to grill for dinner, a group barbecue or to take camping, these burgers come together quickly.
In our kitchen we tested both an ale (local craft beer) and a stout (local craft beer) to flavour the burgers finding both beers added a slightly different kick. We recommend you sample both beers and choose the beer taste you like best.
Looking for something to serve with your burger, check out our suggestions below.
What kind of sides do you enjoy with your burger? Our sides are delicious served along side any burger, or on their own.
When we test recipes in our kitchen we learn as we go. Here are a few tips to help build your burger.
- Be sure you pick a beer with some flavour but not a hoppy beer.
- For juicy burgers choose ground beef that is 70 or 80 percent lean and 20 – 30 percent fat.
- Put a little sizzle (pan saute) on your Canadian Back Bacon slices for added flavour.
- Burger done-ness is entirely a personal preference so cook it the way you want to eat it. If you like them rare, cook them rare. If you like them well done, then that’s how you cook. We have allowed for our burgers to be more on the done side as that is how we like them.
- Always season your burgers well and on both sides with salt and pepper just before cooking.
- Do not over-mix or work your burger mixture. Less mixing is more.
- Buns matter. We have used both challuh buns and regular white buns in this recipe and the regular white buns were the preferred choice.
Now that you have your sides ready to go and all your burger ingredients prepped, let’s make some burgers!
- 1 1/2 lb ground burger
- 1/2 cup ale or stout beer
- 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1/4 white onion
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices Cheese
- 4 buns split and toasted
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- butter lettuce leaves
- 8 slices Canadian Back Bacon lighty sauteed
- 8 skewers Grillfackelin bacon
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl add the beef, beer, worcestershire sauce and grainy mustard. Grate your onion over top of the beef allowing juices to fall in and carefully mix together ingredients. Separate into 4 equal balls and lightly press on each ball to form your burger. Put an indent in the middle of your burger and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. When the pan is hot add your burgers and cook 4-5 minutes on one side, flip and 4-5 minutes on the other side. Top each burger with a slice of cheese for the last two minutes of cooking, covering with a lid or aluminum foil to help melt the cheese.
- Mix together mustard, mayonnaise and a pinch of salt and pepper to make your burger sauce. Spread on top and bottom of burger buns.
- Place lettuce and tomato on your bun, top with back bacon, a burger and finish with pickles. Add your bacon skewer to the top of the bun and serve.
The Ultimate Burger Month Giveaway
Along with all the creative burger recipes you are going to get this month, we are giving away this incredible prize pack! Be sure to enter the contest below for your chance to win.
All opinions, views and recipe development are my own. Unless otherwise stated this contest is open to residents residing in the United States.
Burger Bloggers Across North America
🍔 Girl Carnivore 🍔 A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures 🍔 A Simple Pantry 🍔 Abra’s Kitchen 🍔 AcadiaTwo’s Kitchen Antics 🍔 An Affair from the Heart 🍔 Bakersbeans 🍔 Betsi’s World 🍔Caroline’s Cooking 🍔 Cindy’s Recipes and Writings 🍔 City Living Boston 🍔 Cluttercafe 🍔Comfortably Domestic 🍔 Cooking With Carlee 🍔 Convos with Karen 🍔Daily Dish Recipes 🍔 Dance Around The Kitchen 🍔 Dixie Chik Cooks 🍔 Dizzy Busy and Hungry 🍔 Doodlecraft 🍔 Everyday Eileen 🍔 Family Around the Table 🍔 Family Food on the Table 🍔 Family Spice 🍔Farmwife Feeds 🍔Food Above Gold 🍔 For the Love of Food 🍔 Grillax.com 🍔 Grilling Montana 🍔 Grumpy’s Honeybunch 🍔 Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks 🍔 Honeybunch Hunts 🍔 HORNS BBQ 🍔 Intelligent Domestications 🍔 It Is a Keeper 🍔 Jolene’s Recipe Journal 🍔 Jonesin For Taste 🍔 Juggling Act Mama 🍔 Karen’s Kitchen Stories 🍔 Kate’s Recipe Box 🍔 Krazy Kitchen Mom 🍔 Life Anchored 🍔 Life of a Ginger 🍔 Mildly Meandering 🍔 Miss in the KItchen 🍔 Palatable Pastime 🍔 Pastry Chef Online 🍔 Perspective Portions 🍔 Plowing Through Life 🍔 PNW Eats 🍔 Pook’s Pantry 🍔 Real Life With Dad 🍔 Sarah’s Cucina Bella 🍔 Seduction In The Kitchen 🍔 Simple and Savory 🍔 Souffle Bombay 🍔 Spiced 🍔 Spoonabilities 🍔 Strawberry Blondie Kitchen 🍔 SueBee Homemaker 🍔 Sumptuous Spoonfuls 🍔 Sweet ReciPeas 🍔 Swirls of Flavor 🍔 Take Two Tapas 🍔 Tampa Cake Girl 🍔 Taste And See 🍔 The Baking Fairy 🍔 The Beard and The Baker 🍔 The Complete Savorist 🍔 The Crumby Kitchen 🍔 The Heritage Cookbook Project 🍔 The Keto Guy 🍔 The Redhead Baker 🍔 The Rowdy Baker 🍔 The Schmidty Wife 🍔 The Shirley Journey 🍔 The Spiffy Cookie 🍔 This Farm Girl Cooks 🍔 Thyme for Cocktails 🍔 We are not Martha 🍔 Well Fed Baker 🍔 West Via Midwest 🍔What’s Cooking Italian Style Cuisine 🍔 Who Needs A Cape? 🍔 Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen 🍔 Wok & Skillet 🍔Zest & SImmer 🍔