Another recipe on the radar for awhile. I love anything with coconut. And finally I pulled the chicken out of the freezer and got them into the marinade. Then after a long day with an activity night ahead of us, I decided against grilling the chicken and opted for quick sandwiches instead. It was just one of those days.
The chicken ended up getting grilled the next night and as such marinating for 24 hours. Uh, yum. The coconut did it’s job and the chicken was delicious but did not have an overpowering coconut flavour. It received 4 thumbs up.
- 1 cup canned coconut milk stir well
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp lime peel grated
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- Combine all ingredients in ziplock bag, except chicken. Swishy the bag to incorporate and mix up ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup of the marinade, cover and refrigerate.
- Add chicken to the bag, close bag and move around to marry it with the marinade. Marinate for a minimum 30 minutes up to several hours if you have the time.
- When ready to grill remove chicken from the marinade. Grill over medium heat for approximate 15 – 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Keep an eye on them as flare ups may occur and the skin will get quite charred.
- Serve with reserved marinade and coconut rice.