Green Rice is not only the perfect side dish to your St. Patrick’s Day celebration, but also pairs fabulously with grilled meat.
My daughter loves rice, thanks to her dayhome provider who routinely fed the kids rice at lunch. This variation is called Green Rice and tastes very good. Remove the seeds and veins from the jalapeno if you don’t like it spicy and replace cilantro with parsley if you do not care for cilantro.
Fresh and tasty this is a delicious way to enjoy your rice.
- 2 cups jasmine rice or basmati rice
- 4 cups broth or water
- 3/4 cup cilantro chopped (or parsley)
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced & seeded (if you do not like spicy, omit)
- 1/4 cup parmesan or asiago cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse your rice before cooking it and drain well.
- Add liquid & rice to pot and cover. Bring to a boil then drop heat to a low simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Take off heat, let sit 5 minutes and then fluff.
- Stir in cilantro, green onions, jalapeno pepper and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well, pour into serving dish and serve.