This Cucumber and Mint Quinoa Salad is made with lots of fresh mint and parsley, and tossed with a simple red wine vinaigrette. It’s gluten-free and vegan making it a great choice for lunch or dinner.
Cucumber and Mint Quinoa Salad
Flavours of summer shine in this recipe. Every year we try to grow our own cucumbers and herbs however if you do not have a garden, long English cucumbers and fresh mint and parsley from the grocery store is what you need for this fresh tasting salad.
Cook your quinoa the day before
If you follow this blog and my quinoa chronicles, you’ll know I like to batch cook my quinoa. I also don’t bother to rinse it and have never tasted any odd flavours other than the quinoa itself.
The ratio I use to cook my quinoa is two cups of broth or water to one cup of quinoa. Comes out perfect every time. I store the cooled cooked quinoa in a sealed container in the refrigerator and pull out one-two cups every time I make a salad. Depending on who is around to eat.
- Cook your quinoa in advance as mentioned above.
- Serve the salad immediately. It will last a day or two in the refrigerator however the fresh mint will start to discolour.
- Use only fresh herbs.
- Add your favourite Greek salad ingredients and make this a Greek Quinoa Salad – no judging.
- Delicious with grilled chicken.
- Sub red wine vinegar for white vinegar.
Popular Quinoa Recipes in this website
- Turkey Curry Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with Red Chili
- Blueberry & Halloumi Quinoa Salad with Charred Corn
- Thai Inspired Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Porridge
- Quinoa Burgers
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cucumber quartered and sliced
- 3-4 green onions sliced
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add water quinoa and salt to pot, bring to a boil. Reduce, cover and simmer until water has been absorbed and quinoa tender (about 12-15 minutes). Scoop into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a cup, or small bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Pour it on quinoa and add cucumber, green onions, parsley & mint. Mix well. Adjust seasonings as needed. Pairs nicely with grilled meat.