Day 3 of creating new Quinoa Salads for lunch, and there’s still leftover turkey in the fridge. Last month I made a tasty sandwich I called the Curry Chicken Sandwich and so I decided to turn this sandwich into a salad, the Turkey Curry Quinoa Salad.
For this salad I tried two different dressings, Blue Menu Pineapple Curry and a home made curry dressing, much like the one used to make the Curry Chicken Sandwich. Whatever dressing you decide on, as long as it has curry, it will be perfect.
Adding cilantro, if you like it, would give this quinoa a touch of freshness.
Tip: Keep a jar of curry paste in your fridge and you can be whipping up Curry in a Hurry whenever the urge hits. Remember to swap chicken for turkey if that’s what you have on hand.
Double the protein, double the deliciousness and this is Wednesday’s lunch.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cooked turkey chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup granny smith green apple chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup grapes halved
- 1 tbsp thompson raisins
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp your favourite curry dressing or the homemade version
- olive oil
- Pour 1 tsp of olive oil into a saucepan. Over medium heat add in chopped turkey and a sprinkle of garam masala. Saute until turkey & spices have become happy and warmed through (a few minutes).
- Take one cup of your cooked quinoa and place in a bowl. Add cooked turkey, green apple, green onion, grapes, raisins and parsley. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper. Add your dressing and toss lightly. Taste for seasonings and adjust if necessary.