This Pasta dish is good hot and cold the next day. I love sundried tomatoes and pesto. If you make your own pesto – fabulous, use it in the recipe. Otherwise pick up your favourite pesto for this dish. It’s quick and an easy dinner on the table.
- 15 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, & drained on paper towel
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5 cups farfalle approx. 3/4 of a 454gr box
- 3/4 cup pesto
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds or pine nuts
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil sprinkled on top
- Cut your chicken crosswise into strips making them about 1/4 inch each. Put oil in a pan and heat over med-high. When oil is ready add chicken stirring often for 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside. I typically give my chicken a quick pinch of s&p while in the pan. Move pan off heat.
- In pasta or large pot start your boiling water. Once boiling salt your water and drop your pasta cooking for 7-8 minutes or until al dente. Scoop out 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, set aside and drain your pasta. Return it to the pot and add sun dried tomatoes, chicken, pesto, salt, pepper and the cooking liquid cooking for an additional minute to combine and warm everything. Pour into serving dish and garnish with nuts and parmesan cheese.
- This should make 4-6 servings. If you love them you can also garnish with sliced olives.