If you have leftover pulled pork or pork roast, shred it and create this Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese!
Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
I’m not a huge fan of eating leftovers for days, however I am a fan of turning leftovers into fantastic new meals! When roast chicken, turkey, beef, even pork becomes something new, I am a very happy person.
Second night we enjoyed Pork Carnitas with a variety of fresh add on’s including salsa and sour cream. We even had enough pork to send everyone to school with sandwiches and wraps that day. For our last meal using up the pulled pork from day one, we made pulled pork mac and cheese. Yum right? Cooking once and extending it into a couple of meals especially when you are busy, is a great way to get through a couple of days worth of dinners.
For this recipe I opted to crisp the pork. It went from refrigerator to fry pan to warm it up, to a foil lined baking pan. A drizzle of olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper before broiling it for 5ish minutes watching it closely. You do not have to do this step but I like the change in texture and added bite. My kids were so excited about this dish it was wonderful!
Here’s another way to use leftover pulled pork or roast pork:
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 4 cups cooked macaroni
- 2 cups pulled pork
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp old bay seasoning
- 2 cups old cheddar
- 2 cups gouda
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large pot on low heat melt butter. Add flour and stir for 2-3 minutes to make your roux.
- Whisk in your milk and turn up your heat. Continue to whisk as the liquid thickens slightly.
- Add salt, pepper and old bay.
- Drop the cheese into the pot in handfuls, stirring after each addition until all cheese has been used and melted in.
- Taste for seasoning and sprinkle in more salt and pepper if needed.
- Spray a 9 x 13 casserole with pam
- Add macaroni, pulled pork and pour in cheese sauce. Mix until all combined.
- Top with extra grated cheddar cheese or bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.