This is one of those recipes I’ve gone past several times…always drawn to the quantity of fresh herbs used. Rummaging through my fridge recently I discovered I had all the herbs required to make that “Thai Chicken” recipe. Fortunately I also had some green curry paste and was inspired to add some more flavour to the dish.
Happy to report this recipe got 4 thumbs up…the family loved it. The kidlets did not complain about the herbs at all even commenting on how much they enjoyed it. Fresh Tasting & Flavourful.
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped fine
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped fine
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped fine
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp green curry paste
- 1/4 cup oil canola or olive
- splash of your favourite hot pepper sauce
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts OR bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in ziplock bag. Squishy it to mix flavours. If you find it a little on the dry side add some more oil. Add chicken, squeezing to ensure marinade permeates chicken.
- Let stand 30 minutes at room temp or longer in fridge to develop flavours. Remove chicken from marinade and discard.
- For boneless chicken breasts grill over medium heat approx 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- For bone-in chicken thighs grill over medium low heat for approximately 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
For this recipe I pulled out of the freezer both bone-in chicken thighs and boneless chicken breasts as they needed to be used up. I threw them all into the marinade noting the different cooking times for the chicken. Each morsel tasted equally divine.