If your like me, you are always looking for ways to use up leftover turkey or chicken. I’m not a huge leftover fan, so after a day or two I’ve eaten all I can handle. That’s why I love roasting chicken or turkey as one meal turns into several with the leftovers! Since I’m a huge fan of Thai food and flavours this recipe is the perfect lunch.
I tested this recipe for lunch with some of the kids following a turkey dinner, and it was a hit. As we tend to eat a ton of wraps in our house (they are so diversable), its another quick and easy lunch for home, work or school.
Important to note if bringing to school you may want to consider using a No Nut Butter like Wowbutter to replace the peanut butter. Also ensure anything you pack with mayo has a cold pack next to it to keep the wrap cool and stop the mayo from spoiling.
Another option to shake up the lunch routine is use rice paper wraps and make this into a Thai Turkey Salad Roll instead – yum!
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or no nut butter
- 1/4 tsp fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of sugar
- 6 flour tortillas 8 inch
- 1 cup chopped turkey
- 1 cup cucumber sliced lengthwise into 2 inch pieces
- Couple lettuce leaves for each wrap
- grated carrot
- Mix lime juice through sugar in a bowl. Spread a little sauce on each tortilla.
- Place your lettuce in the middle and top with turkey or chicken. Drizzle with additional sauce.
- Top with cucumber, carrot and cilantro.
- Fold bottom edges over filling and then fold in sides to center, overlapping edges.
- Serve immediately.