This Asian Turkey Noodle Slaw is a great way to use up leftover Turkey, and a spin on an ichiban noodle salad. We love this recipe so much, quite often we will buy fresh turkey fillets or a breast, and saute it with our favourite spices just so we can have it for dinner. Husband and I fight over the last bits since the kids like it only a wee bit (their words). They get a deconstructed noodle slaw on their plate and everyone is happy!
Leftover turkey brings about the best flavour in this dish, however fresh turkey, or even chicken are delicious substitutes. When we make this salad after a big turkey meal, I feel like I am getting back to healthy – somewhat!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- 2 cups cooked turkey cut into small strips
- 1-2 tbsp of your favourite spices
- salt and pepper
- 1 pkg ichiban instant noodles broken and toasted
- 5 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 3 green onion diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro we use more
- To prepare dressing, whisk together first 7 ingredients (water through red pepper flakes) with seasoning packet from noodles. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat add some olive oil. Toss in turkey and spices. Season with salt & pepper. Turn heat down a bit and sautee about 10-15 minutes to warm the turkey and develop the spices.
- In a bowl, toss together coleslaw, noodles, cilantro and green onions. Pour in dressing and stir to combine. Dish onto plates and top with your sauteed turkey.