Smoothies are a quick, easy way to start your day. This Tropical Salsa Smoothie Bowl combines mango, pineapple and coconut making you feel like you are enjoying this beverage on a tropical beach.
The smoothie bowl trend has been an interesting one. I’ve made a few, played with ingredients and while it’s fun, I almost prefer my smoothies in a glass or tall beverage holder. Anyone else feel this way?!
This recipe was created for a local print magazine featuring healthy recipes. We topped our tropical smoothie bowl with a quick fruit salsa, making it pretty and simple plus added some chia seeds.
The second recipe we made for the magazine, another tasty smoothie bowl: Berry Orange Smoothie Bowl.
Both smoothies are delicious and worthy of two straws to share with friends.-
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 1 cup frozen mango
- ¼ cup fresh cut pineapple
- 1 banana
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- Chia seeds
- Organic coconut flakes lightly toasted
- Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh mango diced
- 1 tbsp fresh pineapple diced
- ½ kiwi diced
- To make salsa lightly mix together 1 tbsp mango, 1 tbsp pineapple, 1 tbsp kiwi and 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds. Set aside.
- Add mango, ¼ cup pineapple, banana, avocado, coconut milk and pineapple juice to blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl, add your tropical salsa and toppings. Use a spoon or straw to scoop up the deliciousness. Serve immediately.