We love burgers and so we continue to experiment with new burger flavour combinations in our ongoing Bakers Burger Blast. Today’s experiment: Beer & Pretzel Burgers.
This is a very interesting flavour combination which is dictated by the type/flavour of beer you use. The first time we made it we used a wheat ale beer for this recipe (all we had on hand) and have to say we weren’t exactly sold on flavour. The next time we used a lager and had much better results. Different flavoured beers will appeal to different palates. A Stout for example would be aromatic and give a caramel flavour. Try a beer you like and go from there.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1/4 cup chopped gr. onion
- 1 tbsp mustard
- salt & pepper
- burger buns
- Mix your ingredients together and shape into 4-6 patties. Since you will have beer left over splash some on the burgers before you put them on the grill (just a little).
- Grill over medium heat until burgers cooked. Serve with your choice of fixins, sides, buns, a bowl of pretzels and of course Beer.
- My fixins included crispy prosciutto, sliced tomato, an herb aioli, monterey jack cheese and avocado.