These Beer and Pretzel Burgers are made with coarsely chopped pretzels, your favourite non light beer and a little pizza sauce making them a delicious choice on burger night!
Beer and Pretzel Burgers
There are so many combinations of burgers out there and so many to try at home, it’s nearly impossible to get bored eating burgers!
My husband likes craft beer, I like craft beer, so we are always sampling different local varieties of beer. Beer goes with pretzels and mustard. Our beer and pretzel burger combines all these ingredients and more making them extremely flavourful!
Here’s what you need to plan on when making these burgers.
Ground Beef Burger – go with an 80/20 blend if you can find it to ensure there is a little fat in the burgers.
Beer – choose a beer with flavour, light beer offers nothing in these burgers.
Pretzels – smaller is easier for crushing and retaining some texture.
Mustard – we use plain every day yellow mustard, however use whatever you have on hand.
Pizza Sauce – any will do!
Seasonings – coarse salt, fresh ground black pepper.
Buns – choose your favourite burger buns. Pretzel buns are delicious too!
Cheese – sometimes we like an old cheddar, gouda or smoked cheese, other times we go for something a little spicer.
- Our favorite toppings on this burger include pickles, crispy prosciutto, sliced tomato, mustard, monterey jack cheese, avocado, sliced cheese and sometimes a queso cheese sauce.
- Before we put the burgers on the grill or in the pan, we season again with salt and pepper.
- If you use a strong beer, it will affect the flavour. Try to find a beer not to hoppy, not to strong and not to light. Pick one you love and go from there.
Popular burger recipes in this blog
- Chicken Burgers with Mango Mayo
- Pizza Burgers
- Greek Feta Burgers
- Quinoa Burgers
- Teriyaki Pork Burger
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1/4 cup chopped gr. onion
- 1 tbsp mustard
- salt & pepper
- burger buns
- Mix beef through salt and pepper together and shape into 4 patties.
- Grill patties over medium heat until burgers cooked to your liking. Serve with your choice of toppings, sides, buns, a bowl of pretzels and of course Beer.