Since we are shying away from beef more and more lately due to the more than 18% price increase, we are buying more pork. And chicken. But those items are getting more expensive to. And the cashiers in the stores are noticing less people buying meat. Guess we will all become vegetarians. But before then we will enjoy these Teriyaki Pork Burgers!
Fresh ginger in this burger makes it taste even more delicious. Use your favourite store bought teriyaki sauce (or home made). Sometimes easy reigns supreme when you have busy activity nights and just need to feed the kids and head out the door stat. These burgers are awesome to whip up, mold into patties, freeze and take camping. Or serve to a crowd.
Toast your buns and add your favourite burger toppers. We served our burgers with some Salsa Baked Beans.
- 1.5 lbs ground pork
- 1 large scallion or 2 small chopped thin
- 1/2 tsp ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- condiments & burger toppers
- In a medium sized bowl add pork, scallions, fresh ginger, mustard, teriyaki sauce and a pinch of salt & pepper to taste.
- Lightly mix to combine and form into 8 patties or 6 x 1/4 lb patties.
- Grill over medium heat until completely cooked through.
- Build your burger with your favourite condiments and burger toppers.