Loaded with flavour, these Greek Feta Burgers, also known as biftekia, can be cooked on a barbecue or in a hot pan resulting in a delicious burger every time!
Greek Feta Burgers
There are burger purists and celebrity chefs who will say burgers are best without anything added to them. Cook as is with a little salt and pepper. Totally fine if that’s how you prefer your burgers. I say do what you like and flavour is flavour. When you add enhancers to your ground meat, you will have more flavour.
Burgers, like all foods, are subjective right down to how you cook them and sometimes we like them simple, other times we like to add ingredients to the ground meat to pump up the flavour!
These burgers are a play on Greek cuisine featuring parsley, garlic, onion, oregano and spinach. Served with a feta aioli or even Tzatiki sauce.
Traditional Greek Recipes
Greek food is simple, classic and rich in textures and flavour. Discovering, tasting and experiencing this kind of cuisine is a delicious journey to go on and one we highly recommend. Here’s a few common, classic dishes to consider trying out to get you started on your own Greek food adventure!
Baklava, Chicken and Lemon Rice Soup (Avgolemono), Greek Village Salad (Horiatiki), Tzatziki (with pita), Pastitsio, Saganaki and Moussaka. I’ve had all of them and they are all tasty bites!
- Turn ground beef mixture into meatballs and cook in the oven.
- Swap the beef for pork, lamb, turkey or chicken.
- Use your favourite kind of burger bun. We like to lightly toast ours on the grill first.
- Add a sliced of grilled Halloumi cheese as one of your burger toppings for some wow factor.
- Serve with a Greek salad or feta and oregano topped french fries.
Planning a big fat Greek wedding and looking for more food ideas, check these recipes out!
- Greek Wedge Salad
- Greek Chicken Kabobs
- Greek Beef Stew with Onions & Feta Cheese
- Greek Pasta Salad
- How to make Labneh
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 pkg frozen spinach chopped, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
Build your Burger
- 4 burger buns
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced bell pepper rings
- thinly sliced red onion
- cheese like havarti
- 1/2 cup shredded dry pack feta cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine ingredients and shape into patties. Salt and pepper patties on each side and grill over medium heat until cooked to your liking or no longer pink inside.
- Lightly toast buns, add burgers, toppings and slather on feta aioli. Serve.
- In food processor mix 1/2 cup shredded dry pack feta cheese, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1-2 cloves crushed garlic and 1/4 tsp ground pepper until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving.