We’ve combined our favourite chicken wing flavour with bacon and old cheddar cheese to create this unforgettable Buffalo Chicken and Bacon Dip!
Buffalo Chicken and Bacon Dip
The Grey Cup to Canadians is like the Super Bowl to Americans. It’s football and we love our football. Just as we love our Hockey Night in Canada!
Dips are fun and easy to make for any kind of gathering but especially one that involves friends, beer and sports. If you love blue cheese, definitely sprinkle some on top once this dip comes out of the oven, because yum.
A Game Day Favourite
Buffalo hot wings are undeniably our favourite flavour, in fact the hotter the better.
So infusing leftover roast chicken with a buffalo wing sauce, mixing in cream cheese and old cheddar cooked bacon, makes this a dinner for one. Or rather a dip to share…ya that’s it!
Leftover Roast Chicken
I adore a leftover chicken and if you browse through this website you will find several leftover roast chicken or turkey recipes. I like to either roast two chickens at once or buy two roasted chickens allowing for a variety of meals using leftovers.
Other Game Day Recipes to Check Out:
- Grilled Sausage Bar
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- Jalapeno Tex Mex Dip
- Teriyaki Pork Burgers
- Mini Cheese Balls
- Baked Chicken and Bacon Taquitos
- Grilled Skewered Olives
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 4 pieces bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken shredded
- 8 oz brick cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
- cilantro, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- Cook your bacon until nice and crispy. Set bacon aside to drain. Pour out all but 1 tbsp of the bacon fat.
- In the microwave melt butter with hot sauce. Stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat pan you cooked bacon in to medium and add cooked chicken. Stir chicken to get some of that yummy bacon fat on and warm it through. Pour in about half of the buffalo sauce and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium size bowl mix cream cheese, Greek yogurt, 2/3 of the bacon, cheddar cheese and cooked chicken. Add the remainder of the buffalo sauce and mix well.
- Scoop into an oven proof bowl and bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
- Sprinkle on remaining bacon, green onion and cilantro.
- Serve with a mixture of chips, crackers or fresh vegetables.