Always looking for a new recipe to try, I came across this variation of Arugula & Prosciutto Crostini and I was intrigued. I love crostini…I love bruschetta and it sounded so amazing I decided to make it for some family dinner guests (family) we would be having over for supper Saturday night.
All I can say is it turned out fabulous AND it was easy to assemble. Our guests arrived early and were sitting at the counter watching me make it. It’s light, tasty and people think you’re a Rock Star because it tastes as good as it looks.
- ½ cup cantaloupe, diced small
- 6 slices prosciutto, torn into strips
- 12 slices of baguette cut on the bias, approx ¼ inch thick
- ricotta cheese
- cracked pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 400-425F. Lay your sliced baguette on a cookie sheet. Drizzle all over with olive oil.
- Place in oven and toast for about 4-5 minutes watching closely as they start to turn golden brown. Turn them over and give them one more minute. Remove from oven and place toasts on serving platter or board. Give them one more quick drizzle of olive oil.
- Start by adding a few arugula leaves on each piece of toast. Next fold/roll up your prosciutto pieces so they sit nicely and place on top of arugula. Top each piece with 1 tsp ricotta. Then take a tsp or so of diced cantaloupe and place on top of ricotta.
- Just before serving drizzle each piece of toast with your glaze & some cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.