Cinnamon Heart Popcorn Crunch is a fun snack made with white chocolate and cinnamon hearts making it the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day!
Cinnamon Heart Popcorn Crunch
Popcorn can be dressed up in so many ways, whether you add candies, chocolates, pretzels, dried fruit, even nuts making it something special.
For this treat you can scoop the popcorn into individual bags for a party or school treats, or add to a large bowl to enjoy with a movie or friends.
A Food Bloggers Journey
Through my 15 year journey of food blogging, I have learned a lot about food and people, people and food, unusual food allergies, foods I’ve never heard about or would never cook myself, new cooking techniques and tips, and that there are actually people out there that do not like chocolate.
Yes it’s true!! There are those out there who do not like chocolate. Hard to believe right?!
Which ever chocolate you choose, it’s melted and mixed with the popcorn and cinnamon hearts fusing everything together for the perfect crunchy Valentine’s Day treat.
Popcorn Crunch Varieties
Several years ago we made this Peppermint Popcorn Crunch, which continues to be a very popular recipe on the blog during the months of November and December. It becomes festive by swapping hearts for crushed candy canes. I like to keep the cinnamon hearts whole as they are small enough and give you a good chew.
Celebrating Valentine’s Day? Here are a few meal and treat options to help you on your way!
- Chocolate Rum Creme Brulee
- Broken Glass Jello
- Chocolate Fondue
- Hot Chocolate Waffles
- Roasted Rack of Lamb
- Grilled Rustic Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Old Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Fondue
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate wafers, chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup cinnamon hearts
- If using white chocolate chunks, chop up into smaller 1 inch pieces. Add chocolate to a small glass bowl and place over top a simmering pot (or use double boiler). As the chocolate starts to melt stir constantly until smooth.
- Pop your popcorn and place in a large bowl. Pour melted chocolate over popcorn, stirring until evenly coated. Sprinkle with crushed candy and toss gently until combined.
- Spread mixture on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate until coating hardens. As it was -12C outside when I made this treat I was able to set it outside for 10 minutes and it set up nicely.
- Break popcorn up into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.