Day 4 of Quinoa Lunches will be my rendition of a Mediterranean Quinoa Salad consisting of what I could find in my pantry/fridge. I love so many of these flavours I ended up adding quite a few items. Add what you like. Any kind of bean would be yummy as would roasted eggplant.
Having your quinoa precooked and in the fridge makes whipping up a salad easy. 1 batch of cooked quinoa (as I noted in my Thai Inspired Quinoa Salad) makes 3 cups which is good enough for 3 salads. I made up a dressing for this salad or you can use olive oil. Or buy your favourite Greek Dressing.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil drained
- 1/4 cup cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives halved & pitted
- 1/2 cup chick peas
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 spanish onion chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- dried oregano
- Take one cup of your cooked quinoa and place in a bowl. Add sundried tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, chick peas, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, spanish onion and feta cheese.
- Pouring in dressing and toss lightly. Taste for seasoning and if required add more dressing/salt/pepper to your liking.