Take pantry ingredients, add a few fresh elements and create this vegetarian Mediterranean Quinoa Salad! Add grilled chicken for a delicious and easy meal.
Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids. It’s high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and offers various beneficial antioxidants.
It’s a complete meal therefore you really don’t need to add anything else.
A week of Quinoa Salads
For one week we made quinoa salad lunches every day using a variety of ingredients. Our goal by the end of the week is to show case how easy quinoa is to work with and using ingredients on hand or a little we had to shop for, you can come up with easy, nutritious meals in no time at all!
- Make your quinoa in advance, even the day before. It keeps perfectly in the refrigerator and all you need to do is mix in the other ingredients.
- Your favourite Greek dressing or olive oil dressing will taste delicious in this salad.
- Roasted eggplant would be a great add-in.
- Make this salad in advance. I’d say a couple hours in advance is perfect if you have the time.
If you like this salad you’ll love these ones:
- Pomegranate and Orange Quinoa Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
- Couscous with Carrots, Cilantro and Green Onions
- Green Apple and Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- Turkey Quinoa Salad
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil drained
- 1/4 cup cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives halved & pitted
- 1/2 cup chick peas
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- dried oregano
- Take one cup of your cooked quinoa and place in a bowl. Add sundried tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, chick peas, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, red onion, parsley and feta cheese.
- Pouring in dressing and toss lightly. Taste for seasoning and if required add more dressing/salt/pepper to your liking.