No Bake Elderberry Syrup Power Balls are full of antioxidants to help you boost your immune system while you enjoy a sweet treat.
Back to school shopping is in full swing for supplies, clothes, backpacks and school snacks. It’s amazing how much less my kids eat during summer holidays compared to when they are in school and needing fuel throughout the day. Baking snacks in advance, like these power balls, and freezing is one way to get ready for back to school before it arrives.
Elderberries are full of antioxidants, vitamins A, B and C plus are anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and are the most commonly used medicinal plants in the world. When it comes to antioxidant power, elderberry is higher in flavonoids than blueberries, cranberries, goji berries and blackberries.
Known as a treatment for cold and flu symptoms, Feel Good Elderberry Syrup can also be used when cooking or baking as a food flavouring.
No Bake Elderberry Syrup Power Balls are a protein packed recipe you can freeze and pull out for breakfasts, pop into lunches or enjoy while out hiking or camping.
Using only 7 ingredients, they are loaded with nutritional foods like elderberry syrup, chia seeds, nut butter, hazelnuts (also called filberts) and dried cherries. This combination of super foods offer immune boosting antioxidants, protein, fiber and healthy fats.
Teaching our kids to make healthy choices is easy when you have great ingredients to work with. For more inspiring healthy recipes or back to school snacks check out our Date Energy Balls, or Pepperoni Pizza Muffin recipes.
- 1 1/4 cup natural nut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp Elderberry Syrup
- 2 cups oats combine large flake oats and quick oats
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- In a whisk together nut butter, honey and Elderberry Syrup.
- Add oats, hazelnuts, dried cherries, chia seeds and a pinch of salt.
- Stir to combine. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Pick up a small amount and start forming a ball in your hands. Roll into 1 inch balls. You should get close to 16 power balls.
- Keep refrigerated when not using due to the natural nut butter. Or freeze and pull out as needed.
We are working in collaboration with Feel Good Syrup on this post. All opinions, views expressed and recipe development are, as always, my own.