For this Hoisin Ginger Pork Tenderloin recipe we combine sweet, salty and tangy flavours making this dish a flavourful staple on your table any night of the week!
Preparing Pork Tenderloin
Pork Tenderloin is a delicious & lean cut of meat you can cook and prepare several ways. Before you start you need to remove the silver skin from the pork which is my least favourite job and one I pass off to hubby! Once it’s off, then toss it in your marinade until ready to grill.
Pan fry, roasting, Instant Pot, slow cooker, smoking, and grilling are all ways you can cook pork tenderloin.
What is Hoisin Sauce
Essentially it’s an Asian barbecue sauce used in all kinds of dishes and marinades. It’s fragrant, pungent and boasts loads of flavour. You will often see it on tables as a condiment in Vietnamese or Chinese restaurants.
It’s delicious with chicken too like in this recipe: Sticky Hoisin Orange Chicken.
- Buy the family pack of tenderloins, cook two and freeze two. Remove the silver skin before freezing making it quick and easy when you want to defrost and marinate.
- Marinade the night before you want to cook the pork. The longer it can marinade, the stronger the flavour.
- In the last six years the internal temperature for cooking pork has changed. Alberta Health Services advises cooking to 71°C (160°F).
- Always tent your meat when it comes off the grill and let rest at least 10 minutes.
- I always marinate and grill two tenderloins. Leftovers are delicious in subs.
Sides to serve with pork tenderloin
Hoisin Ginger Pork Tenderloin is a recipe you will try once and want to make again! Serve it with your favourite barbecue side or try these recipes:
- Simple Herb Potato Salad
- Asian Noodle Salad with Spicy Nuts
- Thai Inspired Quinoa Salad
- Grilled Mushroom and Green Onion Kabobs
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 1 Pork Tenderloin
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger fresh & minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar or sherry
- 2 tsp honey
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- salt & pepper
- In a bowl mix together hoisin sauce, ginger, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, honey and garlic. Set aside 1/4 cup to drizzle on later.
- In a skillet, heat oil over high heat. Season pork with salt & pepper. When the oil is ready quick sear your pork tenderloin on all sides.
- Brush pork with your sauce and grill over low heat on natural gas BBQ for about 15 minutes turning and basting as you go with more sauce. Grill for about 30 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160F. Disgard leftover sauce.
- When done put your pork on a platter and tent it for at least 5-10 minutes before serving.