Chicken legs are a favorite in our family and a nice change from the chicken breasts or thighs we usually indulge in. These Deviled Drums taste better when they’ve had several hours to marinate and take on the flavours of the marinade.
We didn’t eat a lot of fried food growing up (shut the door) unless you consider the occasional KFC dinner worthy of the title fried chicken…..and as such we do not fry chicken or any of our food, probably ever.
It’s not that we do not enjoy fried food, it’s more that we are trying to teach our kids healthy eating habits. Balance is what we strive for and when you do not allow yourself the occasional treat, you are not really being true to yourself.
One day I will cook fried chicken, but until then it’s Barbecue all the way baby!
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp hot sauce (your favourite)
- 1-2 tsp paprika (smoked is good to)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced (more if you like)
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Pour all ingredients except chicken into a large plastic ziplocking bag. Munch it up really good to mix/combine ingredients.
- Add chicken to bag and squishy some more to ensure chicken is well coated with marinade. Seal bag and let marinate in fridge as long as you can (all day if possible). Take chicken out of fridge and let sit on counter a minimum 30 minutes before grilling. When ready to grill, remove chicken from marinade and toss marinade.
- Grill chicken over low heat for 30ish minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Great summer BBQ fare.