Grilled Honey Garlic Pork Tenderloin is an easy meal to make any night of the week. Paired with a quick salad or some grilled vegetables makes it a perfect, healthy and delicious dinner!
Grilled Honey Garlic Pork Tenderloin
Recently we went out for wing night and one of the wing flavours we chose was honey garlic, hence the inspiration for this recipe!
Did you know garlic combined with honey is an immune booster making this meal healthy especially when combined with half your plate of vegetables?!
This cut of pork is lean and boneless with very little fat. It comes from the loin and is also known as pork fillet or pork tender.
Pork tenderloin is different than a pork loin. While they are both lean cuts, they are different in shape, size and from two different parts of the pig.
Side dishes to serve with Pork Tenderloin
So many options here! Any kind of potato dish like Simple Herb Potato Salad, roasted baby potatoes or whole baked potatoes.
Corn on the cob. Boil it, roast it or grill it. If you are feeling adventurous, Grilled Corn Ribs are a great choice! Vegetable skewers of any kind are tasty especially these Grilled Mushroom and Green Onion Kabobs.
Now that we’ve got you excited about grilling, here’s a few tips and tricks to get you started.
- Fresh garlic is always better than garlic powder. Although sub in garlic powder if you can’t find fresh.
- As with any grilled meat, the longer you can let it marinade (IE: overnight) the better the flavour will be.
- Safe internal pork temperature once cooked is 145 F.
- Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Here’s a few of our favourite pork recipes:
- Vietnamese Pork Meatball Banh Mi
- Slow Cooker Beer Pulled Pork
- Teriyaki Pork Burgers
- Hoisin Ginger Pork Tenderloin
- Moo Shu Pork in Wraps
- Pork Koftas with Tomato Dill Salsa
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
Honey Garlic Marinade
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 fresh pork tenderloins, silverskin removed
Honey Garlic Marinade
- Whisk together garlic through lemon juice including a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add marinade and pork to a zip lock plastic bag. Massage to incorporate flavours.
- Refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes, a couple hours or even overnight.
- When ready to grill, preheat grill to medium high. Remove pork from marinade, give another pinch of salt and pepper on all sides, then place on preheated grill.
- Cover and cook turning once or twice until the internal temperature reaches 145F or about 12- 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill, cover with tinfoil and let rest.
- Slice and serve.